Animal Attack Attorneys in Brownsville
It’s common for Brownsville residents, and residents everywhere to own animals. This doesn’t mean that animals should be able to harm and injure people around them. Animal attacks are often passed off as nothing, because the attacks come from a neighbor’s dog. However, if the injury’s from an animal attack are serious, you have legal rights. Texas law says that an animal owner is responsible for the harm the animal does to third parties. Usually home insurance policies will cover the damages that animals cause to third parties. Make sure you contact a personal injury lawyer if a dog or any other animal attacks you or a loved one. It’s not uncommon for canines to attack people. The Center for Disease and Control reports that over 2 percent of Americans are attacked dogs.
What are the most common problems associated with dog bites?
● Scarring that never goes away
● Infection because the attacked didn’t know how to properly treat the wound
● Emotional trauma
The best way to avoid damages is to think about dog attacks before they happen. How can you avoid getting attacked by a dog in the future?
● Keep an eye out for troubling dogs like pit bulls, and rottweilers
● Dogs under the age of six are more likely to attack
● Keep an eye out for untrained dogs
● Look for dogs restrained by chains – this is most likely because they have attacked in the past
● Male dogs attack more than female dogs
● Un-neutered dogs are more hostile than others
● Dogs that know children are more likely to attack the children
● Refrain from touching a dog on the face
● Dogs often go for your face
Dogs are known to strike your face, but it’s not uncommon for them to bite your leg, arm or other part of your body. Keep a look out for dogs or owners that seem suspicious. There are several things you must do once you’ve been attacked by a dog: Call animal control, get your wounds treated by a medical professional and call a lawyer with experience in animal attacks.
The Villarreal Law Firm is known for helping people who are attacked by dogs and other animals. Although dogs are the most common reports of animal attacks, it’s wise to keep an eye out for other vicious animals when visiting friends or even hanging out at a petting zoo. Children are especially prone to animal attacks since they might not know how to treat an animal properly and they are shorter than the average adult.
Call the Villarreal Law Firm to put a team of animal attack injury lawyers on your side. Stop by our Brownsville office to schedule an appointment or call us at 956-544-4444 to schedule your free consultation.
Free Case Evaluation
We offer the victims of careless acts a free case evaluation designed to provide you with the answers you need when you need them most. Fill Out the form below.